Monday, June 8, 2009

How did this happen??

So, Makenzie decided to grow up on me all of a sudden! How in the world did I end up with an 8 year old child!??!? I remember having no kids and it didn't seem like it was over 8 years ago! So, she turned 8 on May 26 and she was baptized a member of our church this last Saturday. I just want Makenzie to know how much she is loved by her family and how proud we are of her. She is such a sweet girl. She is always nice to others and I know she tries to be friends with everyone. She is a great kid and even though we have our moments, I wouldn't change a thing. Here are a few pictures from the last 8 yrs and then the baptism.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats Makenzie! We really wanted to be there. Tell her she looked so pretty! We're looking forward to seeing you guys in Orlando!

QB Family said...

Oh she looks so grown up and beautiful! I remember her as a baby too - Jim holding her on his lap, oh wait, she was laying on a pillow on his lap - ha ha! Congratulations!

Shelly said...

I felt the spirit so strong at the baptism. Makenzie is such a good girl. I am glad you guys live close and I have been able to watch her grow up.

*WEST* said...

CONGRATS!!! She is such a CUTE girl...UMmmmmmmmmmmmmm when we getting together????

Courtney said...

I'm SO glad that Kamryn is the same way in nursery. Brinklee was by far the youngest kid in there, the second youngest was 2 and a half so I guess it wasn't a fair comparison but I was just watching her and thinking, oh no she is not ready for this at all! Now I can relax. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Orlando which is going to be roasting hot by the way. I have never been in weather that is this hot and I'm from Phoenix. Its terrible but it will be fun. We need to plan because I'm still up for Animal Kingdom if thats what everybody wants to do but I kinda have my heart set on taking Brinklee to Disney World now, I think there will be more for her to do there and I'm just really excited for her to see and do everything there (not that she's going to know) but I think it will be fun. Let me know what you think and what you think everybody wants to do the other days.

Courtney said...

That sounds perfect for me. Animal Kingdom one day, Disney World the other, and I'd like to go to the beach the other day. My only request is Disney World on Wednesday (our full day) so we have plenty of time to see everything (or try). I'm pumped, make sure you buy a mister fan cuz you're going to want one! =)